Monday, May 25, 2009

That's my neighbor Bob. Yup, that Bob. He's smiling because he just decimated a bunch of foliage. There were come-alongs and crow bars involved and this obviously provided all the satisfaction he needed for the whole three-day weekend.





He's now boxwood-free and we have a boxwood farm.



If you've priced bushes lately, you'll understand our motivation. We're gonna need some shrubs. They're kind of Charlie Brown Christmas trees, but I'm sure we can bring them around.

And then there was the garden. I did the "mechanical" part.





The girls did the rest.





This weekend was pretty much now-or-never time for planting your garden in Spokane. So we did.

As soon as they got to work with the planting, I got back into my black widow spider suit (that I thought was overkill until my friend Joe told me about his friend who was my age and died from a black widow spider bite, thanks for that Joe!) and crawled back under the deck. There will be pictures someday, but not now. I'm too busy battling spiders. They don't call them black widows for nothing.

It took a lot of beer to figure out the logistics and the execution went late into Sunday night, but I also hung the ladders up in the new garage, which was immensely satisfying because of the fact that I've been tripping over them in the storage container for the last 6 months.



I'll be so glad to get back to work tomorrow so I can rest up.

No comments:

Followers