Saturday, May 2, 2009

Not The Day I Had Hoped For

The concrete pile is gone. A concrete outfit was doing some work next door and we hired them to haul off our pile of rubble. Good deal. Money well spent. Even if their skanky bobcat did leak oil all over our driveway.



The garage we built last fall needs finished. Kinda the first thing that has to happen is we need to run electricity out there. Unfortunately, the power has to run under the deck and the deck is a rotting pile of krap. Today, was supposed to be the day I rebuilt the underside of the deck.

The job got a little too big for one day . . . especially when it started raining. Trying to rebuild rotted stuff is the worst. It's best to stay calm.



I got the temporary bracing in and the old rotten stuff demo'd. And that's about it. Depressing. So I'm having sloppy joes tonight. Best comfort food ever.





I'll keep at it.

No comments:

Followers