Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I Am My Own Slave

My dream was to have a couple of sons. By this time they would have been just the right age to drive into slave labor. That didn't work out, so I'm doing all my own damn work. Sonofabitch.

I thought for a time that I could find temp help and by paying them well, they'd be available when I needed them, but that didn't work out. So for the time-being, I'm cracking the whip on my own ass. Actually, it's pretty satisying figuring out how to do things by yourself. 10 bucks worth of plastic pipe made it possible for me to move this workbench into the garage tonight. I think the cheapskate in me gave me extra strength - I'm paying $75 a month for the Conex and I need to shed that useless bill!





I'm burning the candle at both ends and can't begin to find the time to blog about it all, but shit is happening. Because of all that's going on around me with my family I'm extra aware of our human frailty and so grateful that I can still do this stuff. I'm out of gas so I guess these pics will have to speak for themselves. Yup, that's a white trash extension cord feeding power out to the garage!






The first light is up. Yay!

No comments:

Followers