Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Major Progress, Major Fatigue

Mike, Dan and Jake ( . . . at least I think all 3 were here . . . ) totally jammed today. The first pour was yesterday and they stripped the forms, backfilled and brought in and levelled the sand today. The reason for all the rush is that tomorrow looks like the last decent weather for quite a while, and they want to pour the rest of the concrete. Sounds good to me. I couldn't have been more happy with the progress . . . things are really starting to take shape now.







But there was one side effect - today's work exposed some wire that needed to be dealt with, and that meant a long night outside for me.





There, that should do it for the time being.
You have to roll with it, but the super long days are starting to wear me down and I sure could use a rest and a bike ride. Not that I'm complaining - I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity to do what we are doing. I did get to walk through the new doorway, which was
cool.








As a result of the unexpected task, I wasn't able to follow the election coverage, but it seems clear that we have a new Pres! I have great hope for our great country and look forward to the change that has been promised during the campaign and the continued passionate involvement and participation of the citizens who helped make it happen.
Not sure what has happend with blogger tonight. Looks like they have changed the formatting rules and I'm way too tired to figure it out so I guess you get what you get.

No comments:

Followers